Monday, August 24, 2009

Some more best jokes ever

It's a pretty bold statement to say a joke is the best ever. And so I'm slightly suspicious when TV channel Dave has awarded the best joke at Edinburgh this year.

It's this from Dan Antopolski : "Hedgehogs. Why can't they just share the hedge?"

The last best joke I'd heard in ages, from Jason Manford (on Twitter), is this:

"How does every racist joke start? With a look over the shoulder."

Thanks to Ted Robbins, here's the best comedians' joke ever:

Two comedians meet up at Edinburgh. "How have you been?" asks one.

"Great," replies the other, "haven't you heard? I was doing some work in New York, got on the Letterman show as warm up, got on a Broadway Show."

"No," says the other, "I never heard about that."

"Yes, then my agent got me in the new Ben Stiller film. It was a raging success. I won an Oscar, now I'm doing a new film with Simon Pegg."

"Oh," says the other, "I never heard that."

"And to warm up some new material I did a couple of pub gigs at the Frog and Bucket in Manchester, but I died on my arse if I'm honest."

"Ah," says the other, "I heard about that."

No comments: