Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Making a stand on memory lane

Just a few days after going to a gig at the Academy I had lunch at the University of Manchester today. I had a happy time there as a student and have been talking about doing a few things with the careers service to point would be journalists in the right direction (accountancy).

It was great to be there again. There was even an occupation of the admin block, which should end tonight as Hamas and the Isrealis call off their war under such pressure.

Student gestures are nothing new. I popped my head around the door of the Whitworth Hall, the glorious room where my graduation took place. I stood in the exact spot where I stood upright during the National Anthem in July 1988, while everyone else on my course resolutely and insolently sat with arms folded.

No comments: