Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just keep swimming

What always chokes me when a man or woman in their prime dies suddenly is the children. I'm so blessed to have healthy parents who have always been there and are now such wonderful grandparents. Children have enough to comprehend without the death of a parent. I just can't imagine.

One of the touchline Dads that Rachel got to know died in January. Brian Miller was described by everyone who knew him as such a nice guy. You think there's nothing you can possibly say to anyone who's lost a loved one, let alone their Dad. I can't get the words of the woman priest at his service out of my head. Looking at Brian's young son, she conjured up the scene from Finding Nemo when Dory couldn't remember what to do - "just keep swimming", she said. "Just keep swimming."

No comments: