Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The idiocy of Scottish football

I really can't stand Scottish football. The kids call Setanta's Scottish football round up - "As if it's important". I pretend to like Rangers, but that's only because I deeply dislike Celtic and their semi-mythological status as defenders of some warped version of history, politics and faith.

"The club was founded to help the poor Irish immigrants to Scotland. They may take a particular view of history, what happened in Ireland, which is different to many other people. So I don't call those pro-terrorist songs" - Jeanette Findlay, chair of the Celtic Shareholders Trust, doing her bhit for bhigotry. (From the Fiver).

I love the fact that the Fiver calls them Queen's Celtic and Pope's O'Rangers. By the way.

There's more coverage of this kind of thing, here. And stuff about new chairman John Reid getting it in the neck here.

No comments: