Saturday, February 03, 2007

The joy of football

My oldest lad's team - Marple Athletic under 8s - won again today to stay top of the league. Beats watching the likes of Lucas Neill in the greed league, I can tell you. The team they beat 3-0, Richmond Rovers, gave a good account of themselves and the scoreline was quite harsh. Sounds smug I know, but they were a decent club, as are all the ones we've played. So far I've not witnessed pushy parents behaving badly on the touchline like the ones who so appalled us at the Marple schools tournament last summer. The manager of Richmond, from over Poynton way, told me after the game however that one team have a rough following and he's reported them to the league for excessive effing and jeffing from one of the Dads. Oh dear, aren't they meant to enjoy sport?

No comments: